Monday, July 9, 2007

How Many No Money Boyz Are Crazy??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I feel that I must proclaim my love for M.I.A. Ever since first hearing her chant-like 'Bucky Done Gun' in late 2005, I have been bewitched by her eccentric music that is impossible of being placed into one genre. After the success of '05's "Arular," the London-born Sri Lankan performer is ready to release her latest work "Kala" about her time in Liberia and is now rocking with a new blonde bob and crazier than ever hand-made clothes. Her CD is expected to be released in the U.S. on August 21 and with her recently approved visa to the U.S. (she had been denied one last May due to her song "Sunshowers" which appeared to express support for the terrorist organization LTTE), she'll be touring all over the country this summer, including a performance at the Siren Festival on Coney Island on July 21. From her out of control music videos to her non-epileptic friendly website, I'm expecting it to be an insane show.

3 comments:

Carissa Duhamel said...

AHHHHH M.I.A. IS MY LOVE.
I'm so glad I got you into her, she is beautiful wonderful amazing terrorist hyphy. Her beats are evillll.

HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE
GRIND GRIND GRIND
Why does everyone got hustle on their mind?
You think its tough now? COME TO AFRICAAA!

Anonymous said...

I loooooove MIA. She is SO COOOl.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.